The Moroccan Ministry of Industry and Trade and the General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises (CGEM) are co-organising the 1st edition of the National Industry Day on 29 March 2023 in Casablanca. This national event, which will bring together ministries, institutional actors, professional federations and private operators, will serve as a platform for exchanges on the strategic development issues of the sector and the priorities of the new industrial strategy.
The National Industry Day, the next editions of which will be organised by region to highlight local industrial potential and address the specific issues involved, will become part of the global calendar of economic events, as an annual event of reference for Moroccan industry.
The Kingdom of Morocco has experienced significant industrial development in recent years. Successive industrial strategies, implemented under the leadership of King Mohammed VI, have built the foundations of a modern industrial Morocco, positioning it as a competitive global platform and revealing its potential, resilience and agility.
"Today, we are banking on productive investment as an essential lever for reviving the national economy and anchoring Morocco in promising sectors. Indeed, these sectors offer employment opportunities for young people and provide sources of funding for various social and development programmes," said King Mohammed VI in his parliamentary opening speech on 14 October 2022.
With a development based on the creation of world-class competitive industrial ecosystems, industry is part of an exceptional dynamic, becoming a major provider of employment and a catalyst for productive investment.
Thanks to its know-how and proven skills, the sector can now make the "Made in Morocco" strategy a guarantee of quality with an international reputation. Moroccan industry is entering a new phase in its evolution, resolutely oriented towards the challenges of the future.
Challenges that will guide the development of the new industrial strategy in the framework of the implementation of the recommendations of the New Development Model, highlighted at the time by King Mohammed VI. A strategy that will capitalise on the Kingdom's achievements and strengthen its attractiveness by making productive investment an essential lever to accelerate Morocco's anchoring in promising sectors, create quality jobs and expand the territorial footprint of Moroccan industry.
The first edition of the National Industry Day will have the following objectives:
- Confirm the position of industry as a national priority in order to make it an axial lever for Morocco's development.
- Promote productive investment in industry at national and regional level, make it more attractive and enhance its value.
- Establish an industrial environment conducive to investment and increase the development of industrial enterprises through industrial enterprises by addressing the structural causes that hinder their competitiveness.
- Develop "Made in Morocco" as a marker of quality and competitiveness, and a lever to accelerate integration into global and regional value chains.
- Promote innovation at the service of industry, enabling the integration of new production methods and improving the competitiveness of the Moroccan industrial sector.
- Support productive SMEs in the framework of industrial ecosystems and encourage the emergence of national champions.
- Accelerate the sustainable transition of Moroccan industry by reducing its carbon footprint and rationalising the use of resources.
- Strengthen synergies between the various industrial sector federations and support them in the deployment of their roadmaps.
12h30-13h00 RECEPTION OF GUESTS
13h00-13h30 OPENING SPEECHES
- Mr Aziz AKHANNOUCH, Head of the Government
- Mr Ryad MEZZOUR, Minister of Industry and Trade
- Mr. Chakib ALJ, President of the General Confederation of Moroccan Businesses
13h30-14h15 TABLE 1 - LEVERS TO STRENGTHEN INDUSTRIAL COMPETITIVENESS
- Ms Nadia FETTAH ALAOUI, Minister of Economy and Finance
- Mr. Mohamed ABDELJALIL, Minister of Transport and Logistics
- Mr. Mohcine JAZOULI, Minister Delegate of the Head of Government in charge of Investment, Convergence and Evaluation of Public Policies
- Mr. Mohamed BENCHAABOUN, Director General of the Mohammed VI Fund for Investment
- Mr. Mohamed BACHIRI, Vice-President of the CGEM and President of the Commission for Innovation and Industrial Development - CGEM
- Mr. Hicham EL HAID, President of the Moroccan Plastics Federation
- Mr. Mounir EL BARI, President of the Federation of Forestry, Graphic Arts and Packaging Industries
14h15-15h00 TABLE 2 - LOCAL INTEGRATION AND "MADE IN MOROCCO"
- Mr Khalid AÏT TALEB, Minister of Health and Social Protection
- Mr. Mohammed SADIKI, Minister of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests
- Mr Fouzi LEKJAA, Minister attached to the Minister of the Economy and Finance, in charge of the Budget
- Mr. Mostafa TERRAB, President and Chief Executive Officer of the OCP Group
- Mr Mohamed Rabie KHLIE, Director General of the National Office of Railways
- Mr. Mohamed EL BOUHMADI, President of the Moroccan Federation of Innovation and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Mr. Anass EL ANSARI, President of the Moroccan Association of Textile and Clothing Industries
- Mr. Abdelmounim EL EULJ, President of the National Federation of Food Industries
15h00-15h15 LAUNCHING OF THE PROJECT BANK AND THE PATENT VALORISATION PLATFORM
- Mr. Abdelaziz BABQIQI, Director General of the Moroccan Industrial and Commercial Property Office
SIGNATURE OF A MIC-CGEM OMPIC AGREEMENT
15h15-16h00 TABLE 3 - COMPETENCIES IN INDUSTRIAL SECTORS
- Mr. Younes SEKKOURI, Minister of Economic Inclusion, Small Businesses, Employment and Skills
- Mr. Abdellatif MIRAOUI, Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation
- Ms. Ghita MEZZOUR, Minister Delegate in charge of Digital Transition and Reform of the Administration
- Mr. Hicham EL HABTI, President of the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
- Mr. Karim CHEIKH, President of the Groupement des Industries Marocaines Aéronautiques et Spatiales
- Mr. Adil ZAIDI, President of the Automobile Federation
- Mr. Abdelhamid SOUIRI, President of the Federation of Metallurgical, Mechanical and Electromechanical Industries
- Mr. Azzedine JETTOU, President of the Federation of the Leather Industries
16h15-17h00 TABLE 4 - DECOALBONISATION AND ENERGY AND WATER EFFICIENCY FOR INDUSTRY
- Mr. Nizar BARAKA, Minister for Equipment and Water
- Ms. Leila BENALI, Minister of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development
- Mr. Abderrahim EL HAFIDI, Director General of the National Office of Electricity and Drinking Water
- Ms. Nouzha EL ALAOUI, Secretary General of the Mohammed VI Foundation for the Protection of the Environment
- Mr. Said ELHADI, President of the CGEM's Green Economy Commission
- Mr. Ali EL HARTI, President of the National Federation of Electricity, Electronics and Renewable Energies
17h00-17h45 TABLE 5 - PRODUCTIVE INVESTMENT FINANCING
- Mrs. M'barka BOUAIDA, President of the Association of Regions of Morocco
- Mr. Noureddine BOUTAYEB, President of the Directorate of Agricultural Credit in Morocco
- Mr. Kamal MOKDAD, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Casablanca Stock Exchange
- Mr. Hicham ZANATI SERGHINI, General Manager of TAMWILCOM
- Mr. Mehdi TAZI, General Vice-President of the CGEM
- Mr. Mohamed EL KETTANI, Vice-President of the Professional Grouping of Moroccan Banks
- Mr. Youssef ALAOUI, Chairman of the CGEM Group in the Chamber of Councillors
17h45-18H00 SIGNATURE OF A MIC-CGEM AGREEMENT