Under the chairmanship of the Wali of the region of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima, Younes Tazi, the Board of Directors of the Regional Investment Centre (CRI) of the region of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima stressed the primary role of the CRI in the economic boost, the promotion of productive investments and job creation, while offering them a coordinated, personalized and optimized service and itineraries of accompaniment and support.
In this regard, he urged the various players in the ecosystem at regional and central level to continue to unite their efforts around the CRI, the administration's main showcase for investors and project promoters, with a view to improving the integration of the entire investment value chain and, consequently, to fulfil their missions in the best possible conditions.
At this Council, the Director General of the CRI TTA took stock of the achievements of the entity, marked by an increase in the number of dossiers examined during the first nine months of this year by the Unified Regional Investment Commission (CRUI), which reflects the strong dynamism and economic attractiveness of the region over the last two decades.
Thus, the Unified Regional Investment Commission resolved more than 749 investment files at the end of October 2023, representing an increase of 62% compared to the same period last year. 69% of the files were approved by the CRUI (517 projects) with a total investment of 39.37 billion dirhams, an increase of 60% compared to the first 9 months of 2022. These projects, which will be implemented within an average of five days, will lead to the long-term creation of some 72,000 jobs.
Moreover, since the entry into force of the new investment charter, the CRUI has approved 40 investment agreement projects with the State for a total amount of MAD 900 billion, capable of creating some 9,200 jobs.
These first nine months were also marked by the support of some 4,600 project holders in the framework of various programmes, in particular the "Investangier Academy" through the Manar Al Moustatmir virtual one-stop-shop for support.
These results are the crowning achievement of the support and collective intelligence efforts made by the various stakeholders in the investment ecosystem and their involvement around the CRI, under the leadership of the Wali of the region, during all the phases related to the prospecting, preparation and preparation of the dossiers, their authorisations and post-approval follow-up.
This same dynamic was also reflected in the creation of companies, where the region ranks second at the national level with 10,095 new companies created at the end of September 2023, representing more than 14.5% of the creations registered at the national level.
At this meeting, the Board of Directors approved the CRI's action plan for 2024, which is based on four main strategic axes in perfect sync with the national strategy for the development of private investments:
- Strengthening and consolidating the internal governance of the CRI.
- Full, end-to-end integration of the entire investment value chain, privileging a client-oriented and proximity approach in all territories of the region.
- Continued digitisation of the CRI's service offering.
- The economic boost and promotion of the territorial offer in terms of productive investment opportunities at the level of the different territories of the region at national and international level.
At the end of this meeting, the Board of Directors unanimously approved the provisional budget for 2024 and all the resolutions on the agenda.
CRI in figures 2023 and facts:
- 749 dossiers instruits par la CRUI
- 69% of the dossiers approved
- 174 CRUI meetings
- 517 projects approved
- 39,370 million dhs
- 71,640 stable jobs planned in the long term
- Tanger-Tetouan-Al Hoceima is the second region in terms of business start-ups with 14.6% of the national total on 30 September 2023.
- With 10,095 new start-ups, classified as follows:
- 45.17% in the commercial sector
- 17.21% in various services
- 11.82% in BTP and real estate activities
- 8.88% in transport
- 8.56% in industry
- 4.84% in hotels and restaurants
- 1.82% in ICT
- 1% in financial activities
- 0.7% in agriculture and fisheries
- 3,491 dossiers financed for an amount of Dhs 836 billion under the PIAFE since the launch of the programme on 31 August 2023, according to BAM.
- 4,600 enterprises/project sectors supported
- 89 training sessions
- More than 1,750 beneficiaries
- New model of the Manar Al Moustatmir platform
- A simulator for calculating investment premiums
- Within the framework of the main support mechanism provided for by the framework law 03-22, which constitutes the Investment Charter
- 39 projects approved with a budget of 9 billion dhs, generating 9,000 stable jobs.
- An information caravan on the new investment charter organised in the five provinces and prefectures: Larache, Ouazzane, Al Hoceima, Chefcheouen, Tangier and Asila.
The total investment is classified according to the sector of activity as follows:
- 77.8% industry
- 14.9% tourism
- 5.8% health
- 1.3% aquaculture
- Doing Business has benefited from the expertise of around 200 participants.
- 50 publications in the written and audiovisual press, including 10 in Spanish.
The next stage of the event "Doing Business in Tanger-Tetouan-Al Hoceima Region" will be in Barcelona.